Sunday, 3 April 2011

The process of making my album cover

Front Cover


Firstly, i uploaded my image to Photoshop. I then cropped my image so that Dalia was the only person in the shot. 


Secondly, by selecting 'image' and then 'resize', i resized my image to 12cm by 12cm to fit the CD cover measurements. 


I then decided that the colouring of my image was slightly to bright due to the high exposure the camera faced because of the direct sun light. I fixed this by pressing 'enhance' and then 'auto smart fix'.


Next, i decided the colour wasted quite deep enough for my album cover. I wanted the colour in the trees and sky to stand out to enhance the fantasy theme of my cover. I fixed this by pressing 'enhance' and 'auto colour correction'.


Finally, i added the title to my cover. I did this by selecting my font - 'Monotype Corsiva' and then selecting the small 'T' displayed within the tools. I was then able to write anywhere on my image.

Back cover

Firstly, i cropped my image to a more suitable size for a CD cover. 


Secondly, i selected the 'laso' tool displayed with the others in the sidebar and drew around my shoes. I then clicked 'select' and 'inverse' which caused the 'laso' to select everything but the shoes in the picture.


I felt that the scenery needed something more fantasy themed to i then clicked 'enhance' and then 'adjust hue/saturation'. 


Finally, i brought the 'hue' setting down to -104 which gave the grass and leaves a pink glow. I felt this was very fitting for the theme of my album cover as pink is immediately associated with femininity and my album cover now has a bizzare ending to it - fantasy like.



2 comments:

  1. Good use of print screen to document process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby - remove these print screens from Completed productions

    ReplyDelete